Discuss Has my hot water cylinder coil broke? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Right don’t fill the heating system up remove the flexi link

open the cold water to the cylinder and vent eg fill it up

does the heating system pressure rise

Ive then after above, refilled the cyclinder/tank fully with the filling loop valve (to the central heating) closed. Boiler gauge was at 0.2bar.

The tank was full and I left it for a couple of hours. Boiler i.e. central heating pressure is now just short of 1.8 bar

How can the CH / boiler pressure increase with the filling loop valve closed? Other than filling slowly through a coil breach?

Ive just opened the filling loop just now and there was no inrush of water at all.

ive turned the heating and hot water back on now for the first time all day

Remove one side of the filling loop is there water coming out ?

Remove one side of the filling loop is there water coming out ?
So with DHW tank and CH seemingly fully filled now, remove the loop a the blue circle with the filling loop valve closed (as in the picture).

Attachments

• 85EADBFC-9BA6-430E-8B36-A7F80B4E90B3.jpeg
    85EADBFC-9BA6-430E-8B36-A7F80B4E90B3.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 13
Correct right nut on the flexi remove slowly encase there’s water there

Is the water back onto the cylinder?

Then yes I would concur that your hot water cylinder has failed somewhere

Reply to Has my hot water cylinder coil broke? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock