Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Has anyone seen this float Valve? in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichSmeeth

RichSmeeth New Member

Stick float.jpg
    This is a picture of a float valve I have recently been asked to replace. The cistern it is situated in is very slim and very difficult to access, so if possible I'd like to identify this valve and replace it like for like.
    Has anyone seen this particular valve themselves, and if so, do you know who manufactures it? Thank you.

2. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

Sad to say that looks like a Chinese or Hong Kong import. When you see that colour that's usually where it is from. If a Fluidmaster with brass shank will fit in the cistern I would replace it with that. The majority of plumbers swear by this make and type of valve.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Seen one in a toilet from "better bathrooms" Chinese rubbish, I can't see how it get throgh water regulations, as it has no air break!

4. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

I'm with Stigster on trying to get a fluidmaster in there, however, if that's not possible, there's a flomasta brass shank fill valve that has a shroud thing round the float to stop it hitting the sides of the cistern, 6.50 at poofix.

5. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

I agree with above, try fluidmaster with the brass shank if you can get it in, failing that a torbeck might fit

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

7. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber