Currently reading:
Grundfos pump rotation tester.

Discuss Grundfos pump rotation tester. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whn1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where do I get one? Don't say amazon.

[MENTION]Ray Stafford[/MENTION]

These usually only come direct from Grundfos or Viessmann as a freebie on their training courses.

Anybody know a good friendly plumbing merchant on here that can source some for us?

Would you be inferring that should our favourite merchant give these out as public service advertising merchandise, his sales figures would go through the roof?

Go on the Grundfos website and do the online tests (easy) then you get points, you need 2000 points to get the rotation tester. Each test you get 1000 or 2000 points.

They work on any pump that spins. apparantly theyve got a magnet in'em that spins when they pick up magnetic fields.. must be summat to do with the windings in the pump..!

Yup the magnetic field generated by the stator rotates causing the rotor to rotate,

just my testier has to be in quite close proximity to the front of pump, not sure if it would be close enough with the electronics on front of alphas

I had one, lasted about a day on my keys. It just fell apart from the chain and is now on the side of the road in birmingham somewhere :-(

I had loads everyone was giving them away at one time, I was told they dont actually show the pump rotating they only detect the magnetic field produced by the windings, I almost got unstuck with one once, it was whizzing around in front of the pump and when I took the front screw of the pump off I found that the pump was seized solid so dont pin all your hopes on it.

Quick update, finally got one last week put it on my keys and it fell apart today, never even got to use it. Thanks for shattering my dreams grundfos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos pump rotation tester. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock