Discuss Grundfos pump making unusual sound/boiler not coming on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

No should be powered / running

If it springs into life when you try it with power on, then new capacitor or pump required.
Just tried that. When I removed the centre screw the impeller screw head was visibly turning but the pump was still making the same abnormal sound and the boiler is not igniting. The same sound can be heard in the boiler cupboard. Difficult to describe but it sounds as though water is trying to circulate around the system but certainly not running smoothly. The pump is old, would it be practical or indeed sensible to replace the capacitor only, or would it be wiser to replace the entire pump assembly with a new one? Many thanks

Time to move on and change pump
Dab evosta 3 is our replacement pump of choice.
Better price than grundfos and Dab is owned by grundfos!

Can’t it’s inbuilt to the boiler and has to be original

It’s a YouTube link showing a repair (general video), hence why steadyon mentioned Vaillant, boiler is potterton.

Video shows the pump in the boiler
Apologies for the confusion I have unintentionally caused by posting the link to this YouTube video. I linked to this as a reference to something I had already tried to free the impeller. I hadn't realised that the link and video 'thumbnail' would appear as a huge image within the post!

Reply to Grundfos pump making unusual sound/boiler not coming on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
U
  • Question
Hi all. Our Ideal Isar combi boiler wasn't igniting, so we had a plumber come out during the week to fix it. He said it was a dirty spark...
Replies
Views
urbanrich
U

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock