Discuss Grohe Avensys concealed valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bertle

I am replacing the cartridge. I can't get the handle off - there aren't any grub screws. As everything is made of plastic I want to be careful and not apply too much force. Any tips/tools to work it loose?

best,

Bert

http://www.grohe.com/ie/4986/bathroom/shower-thermostats/avensys-classic/

Here is a link to my system. I have removed the temperature dial, brass screw and circlip. Behind the fascia is a plastic piece that holds the temperature dial. It doesnt seem to be removed, and is related to the friction of opening and closing the shower valve. Tried to pour hot water to loosen scale but cant do this by hand. Went round with a small razor blade and put it underneath the handle to loosen any deposits. Is there a tool that will remove the handle safely?

Best, Bert

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_150838382.jpg
    IMG_20160730_150838382.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 14
Just tug it off!

The handle that is!
Note the position of dial first..

Thanks....I have really given the handle some welly but it wont budge, making me think it is stuck with deposits....will some kind of tap puller work in this case, or some kind of made up improvised tool work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grohe Avensys concealed valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I want to remove the Brizo Faucet Handle ModelHL5332 to change the valve pine. There is a small leak. The handle has no screw. I wonder...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
I have a twin control, 2 way diverter and temperature knobs, Noken NK Porcelanosa mixer with really stiff controls. I'm trying to identify...
Replies
Views
I'm removing a Trevi CTV but struggling removing the volume control handle. The temperature control knob is removed but I can't see how to remove...
Replies
Views
Help! I'm about to retile the shower area but I can't take off the handles or wall plate, unlike the two other Grohe mixers in my house there are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock