Discuss good lpg book in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
evenin lads...enjoying the weather??? just done my crossover training for lpg and have my assessment on wednesday and i'm looking for a good lpg book...the tutor i had swears by the citb g18 book but i think its no longer published as ive tried to find it.
He also rubbished the viper lpg book and said there is alot left out of it and also said the bpec wasn't that good either....he did mention another good book but cant for the life of me remember which one it was!!!

cheers

I've got the Viper book.
I would say good luck but the changeover course is a doddle.

I would say good luck but the changeover course is a doddle.

lol.....i know only practical was a tightness test and air test on pipework....then gotta do a spillage test on a closed flue fire on weds along with the written assessment which is open book and they apparantly give you a reference sheet on what page and paragraph to find the answers!!! if only the acs was as easy!!!

lol.....i know only practical was a tightness test and air test on pipework....then gotta do a spillage test on a closed flue fire on weds along with the written assessment which is open book and they apparantly give you a reference sheet on what page and paragraph to find the answers!!! if only the acs was as easy!!!

Is this at TC? Cause you get a reference sheet on your acs there now aswel. I redid mine last month and got 100% first time every time on my tests. Happy days

Is this at TC? Cause you get a reference sheet on your acs there now aswel. I redid mine last month and got 100% first time every time on my tests. Happy days

ha ha yes Tom....i like the fellas there...bunch of pee takers but helpful when they need to be. I wish they had the reference sheets 3 years ago when i done my igq and acs....my head nearly exploded trying to find some of the answers!!

I'm happy with the Viper book TBH.
I only use it as a reference as most things you may encounter will be either obviously correct or doubtful, cue the reference book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to good lpg book in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
I'm 77, and finally decided to call it a day. Also health ain't brilliant so time to pack it in. For the past 15 years I have been running my...
Replies
Views
Having issues with the boiler making a arcket when hot water/heating running, sounds like combustion needs resetting as it runs perfectly for 10...
Replies
Views
J
Hey guys! Recently we have had a bunch of ceilings re-plastered in our house by the son of a good friend of my dads, he has worked for his Dad...
Replies
Views
Hi guys A quick update for anyone interested. Coming to the end of my first week at Dyno, and i am very impressed. It seems so well run and the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello I was called earlier today by my wife who was in a bit of a panic after a visit from a British Gas heating Engineer, I have to admit his...
Replies
Views
drip-dry
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock