Search the forum,

Discuss glow worm energy firing for hot water when no demand in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Fitted a glow worm energy yesterday and is firing for hot water when there isnt a hot water demand, there are no leaks anywhere. Even when heating is calling the hot water demand is still overiding even though no hot taps are open. Has anyone got any ideas?

Turn the cold off to the boiler does it still fire / switch to hot water ?

Turn the cold off to the boiler does it still fire / switch to hot water ?

Turning off the cold is going to confirm that there’s no leak somewhere. If it still keeps firing for DHW I’d say a dodgy hot water thermistor, harness, board. But that’s not your issue then. It’s Vaillants as you’ve proved there’s no demand 👍

Turning off the cold is going to confirm that there’s no leak somewhere. If it still keeps firing for DHW I’d say a dodgy hot water thermistor, harness, board. But that’s not your issue then. It’s Vaillants as you’ve proved there’s no demand 👍
Cheers for that, still in my first year as a qualified gas engineer. Things were much simpler when I was just a plumber

Cheers for that, still in my first year as a qualified gas engineer. Things were much simpler when I was just a plumber
Give it time, and anything you aren’t sure of. Ask!!
I, like so many others started out as a plumber now I work for a boiler manufacturer. It will benefit you because you’ll see the plumbing faults causing issues with a boiler Rather than just parts swapping.

Reply to glow worm energy firing for hot water when no demand in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock