Currently reading:
Giving customers a time for appointments.

Discuss Giving customers a time for appointments. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
When booking in work with customers I'm finding I get a lot say they are available after 5pm as they work during the day.

Emergencies I attend to any time of the day or night and I am happy to attend some jobs in the evening but I cant always have customers telling me what time I can attend.

Me and a mate are working together and we're getting busier by the week. If we are out working evenings we want to be either doing llgsc's or genuine emergencies.

How do you go about telling customers they have to be available during the working day for standard repairs? Some people don't like being told.

Ive found carers, nurses etc the most easy to deal with and I'm happy to go out evening or early morning for them but when it's Mrs Smith doing a 9-5 sat at a desk who isn't prepared to budge because why should she I wonder I bother trying to help.

Had an “emergency “ call on last bank holiday, I attended and quickly sorted - then “ oh while you’re here could you just...” followed by a list of trivial problems that added up to 3 or 4 hours worth. “ I could, I replied, but not really the sort of thing to do on my bank holiday at double time is it?” Suddenly not so urgent and booked in to do a few weeks time.

Reply to Giving customers a time for appointments. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back