Discuss Getting rid of soot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you remove the solenoid off the oil pump, or else remove the entire oil pump & take a look at the spark down in the blast tube?
Could be photocell or control box or a broken oil pump. Less likely, but possible is the solenoid faulty.

Doh! - now why didn't I think of that in the first place. It wouldn’t have made any difference as the merchants were shut but at least I'd have known the cause.
Still, at least the customer has got some heating until I can it fixed so they won't freeze :)

I never get sooty atall even on ones that are filled with it. The trick is, new bag in Henry and imagine you are the assistant in the dentist, with the suction pipe thing, just keep Henry close and the airborne soot will fly straight up his pipe. I even hold the pipe on the top flat side of the scraper so it just lifts the soot off the baffles. Just very careful hoover management is all you need, Ive never made a mess.
Also if its really bad, I use those arm covers you see scientists wearing, for when I need to get the arms in the boiler.

As to the fault, as above, check the spark but also, check the recent list on the Top Tips section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting rid of soot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, First post here so please be patient. We recently had our ensuite remodelled and were initially really happy with the result. However...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock