Discuss getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you ! I would still think about ringing around the boiler manufacturers, you will get good training and the best part is they pay for it all, Commercial good move , consider haveing a go at Oil . I would have gone down this route if I was younger.

i understand what your saying but i think this rought is gd as i will be getting 1000 take home a month already been agreed as i have experience with flues, cutting out coreholes and can do the bracketing. within 6 months i should be getting a pay rise. my plan at the moment is to jus get the necessary certifcates and do my nvq, then get my gas saughted. after that i will see what other roughts i can go down. do i need a tech cert to get my nvq? or would i be able to do a portfolio and an onsite nvq 2 ?

why dont you phone the collages in your area my collage course was 1 day a week for 2 years (level 2 tech cirt) and then at same time do ya nvq level 2 then if you want do your level 3 tech cirt and level 3 nvq , at least you will also get a lot of knowledge from collage and from working ,

You need to look at that c&g cert from that course it won't lead on to an nvq

hi, the course you linked to will not help you at all. its way too basic and does not lead to the NVQ as has allready been said
there are only two options, quick way, cough up £££££'s for quick 12 week intensive to get 6129
then do NVQ2 with your employer as your portfolio workplace recorder. then followed by gas

or college over years getting the same qualifications but much more useful experience.
ask your new employer what he is actually expecting

if you have problems with college wanting grades you havent got get in touch with them and tell them your situation

as you say this is a fantastic offer that many are struggling to get at the moment so dont blow it by
trying to by-pass the route you should be taking.

good luck

that's exactly what i was looking for, a good detailed summary of the options i have. thank you very much :). does any one know what the pass rates are in these intensive courses?

You pay £4000 and you will pass
Think you need to look on to this more
It would of taken you 5 mins with google to find out that course was useless

ok i think you may be right about the being my path. i would have known if it was any gd or not but it didnt come up with the course number eg 6129. so wasnt sure.
thanks dan

i think it says on the advert that you get a c&g course credit which means that you would have to do many of these courses to gain a full c&g qualification.

wow i have said im doing it for the qualification notr to learn ill be learning all day long with my boss. its £700 m8, i know what you meen some charge thousands. i may not even do my nvq now as im gonna build a big portfolio for proof of what i have done and know. then once im ready im gonna go for my gas.
im gonna say this one more time so every one understands, i am not looking for some magicc course thats gonna make me fullly qualified in 2 weeks, i will be doing the course and then working as a fitters m8, picking up and learning all i can. reading the books that are used in collages to learn at home and getting plenty of practical practice and knowledge at work.
i hope this clears up this matter of people telling me im not gonna be qualified cos of a course because i know this.
thnaks dan

then why do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock