Search the forum,

Discuss getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's exactly what i was looking for, a good detailed summary of the options i have. thank you very much :). does any one know what the pass rates are in these intensive courses?

You pay £4000 and you will pass
Think you need to look on to this more
It would of taken you 5 mins with google to find out that course was useless

ok i think you may be right about the being my path. i would have known if it was any gd or not but it didnt come up with the course number eg 6129. so wasnt sure.
thanks dan

i think it says on the advert that you get a c&g course credit which means that you would have to do many of these courses to gain a full c&g qualification.

wow i have said im doing it for the qualification notr to learn ill be learning all day long with my boss. its £700 m8, i know what you meen some charge thousands. i may not even do my nvq now as im gonna build a big portfolio for proof of what i have done and know. then once im ready im gonna go for my gas.
im gonna say this one more time so every one understands, i am not looking for some magicc course thats gonna make me fullly qualified in 2 weeks, i will be doing the course and then working as a fitters m8, picking up and learning all i can. reading the books that are used in collages to learn at home and getting plenty of practical practice and knowledge at work.
i hope this clears up this matter of people telling me im not gonna be qualified cos of a course because i know this.
thnaks dan

then why do it?

why does it meen nothing? its a city and guild paper and will be given a city and guild certification at the end of it which i fought was a recognised certificate. im getting well confused lol sorry

recognised by who? c&g do lots of quals, they do a level 1 basic construction, does that make you a builder? obviously no, so by quting a awarding body means nothing, its the qual you need to be looking at

i understand what your saying but i think this rought is gd as i will be getting 1000 take home a month already been agreed as i have experience with flues, cutting out coreholes and can do the bracketing. within 6 months i should be getting a pay rise. my plan at the moment is to jus get the necessary certifcates and do my nvq, then get my gas saughted. after that i will see what other roughts i can go down. do i need a tech cert to get my nvq? or would i be able to do a portfolio and an onsite nvq 2 ?

need tc or tc exams

my experienced of a fast track training centre was no matter how stupid you are, no matter how poor your school results if you have the money then magically you will pass the entrance test and on you go. there were two kids in my class who were quite possibly suffering from severe learning disorders.

money is the answer to many things, but id be careful throwing money at this in the hope of getting a qual

fairly straight forward i thought. be careful you dont waste your money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock