Discuss getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow i have said im doing it for the qualification notr to learn ill be learning all day long with my boss. its £700 m8, i know what you meen some charge thousands. i may not even do my nvq now as im gonna build a big portfolio for proof of what i have done and know. then once im ready im gonna go for my gas.
im gonna say this one more time so every one understands, i am not looking for some magicc course thats gonna make me fullly qualified in 2 weeks, i will be doing the course and then working as a fitters m8, picking up and learning all i can. reading the books that are used in collages to learn at home and getting plenty of practical practice and knowledge at work.
i hope this clears up this matter of people telling me im not gonna be qualified cos of a course because i know this.
thnaks dan

why does it meen nothing? its a city and guild paper and will be given a city and guild certification at the end of it which i fought was a recognised certificate. im getting well confused lol sorry

why does it meen nothing? its a city and guild paper and will be given a city and guild certification at the end of it which i fought was a recognised certificate. im getting well confused lol sorry

What they mean is that any future employer will only be interested in employing you if you have your full NVQ and not just your c&g tech cert.

ok well my problem there is, i will only be dealing with boilers and heating and a nvq covers more than that so how will i get around this?

Hi all

i have just been offered a possition as a plumbers mate with a plumbing and gas installer. He has asked for me to try and saught my c & g nvq level 2 plumbing and heating qualification out. i found a "15 Day City & Guilds Plumbing, Bathroom Fitting and Heating Systems Course" on Plumbing Training Courses in Staffordshire and Wolverhampton in the West Midlands
now i know this course isnt gonna give me any where near enough experience but as i stated i am doing it for the qualification and will get more than enough experience whilst at work. so what my question is: has any one had any experience with this training center and do they give a full city and guilds certification and nvq 2 at the end of it.

You said he was a plumbing and gas installer. Does he only do boiler installs then? Otherwise sounds like you might benefit from a plumbing qual too.

You potential boss had said he'd like you to get your NVQ level 2. There you go. Your mission is simple. If you want to do what he says you need to get your Tech Cert and then your NVQ. There are training centres offering fast track courses where you can get your tech cert in as little as 12 weeks. Your NVQ is then assessed on the job.

However, since you have not got much money perhaps college would be a better route - more time to be working with your boss rather than in a training centre, much cheaper and a better thought of route.

If your boss wants you to have the quals asap then you need fast track. But you won't be available to work with him much.

ok well my problem there is, i will only be dealing with boilers and heating and a nvq covers more than that so how will i get around this?

Are you sure it'll only be boilers and heaters? No rad installs? No basic maintenance?

sorry yes boilers and rad installs, my mistake. i dnt really mind how i do it but i jus bit confused on how im gonna do it. in march i will have to work full time. my boss wants me to get my tech cert and nvq 2 as this will help me in the future. i think i have 2 roughts either go night classes in a collage which i have been struggling to find or go for a fast track course which i am more than happy to do but not so happy spending 4000+ on it. i am happy to do the fast track course any where in the country if you know any good ones and value for money. if i do the collage route ill need it be in essex vacinity and next prob is most collages seem to want you to have grade c's and above. any help is appreciated.
thanks dan

Q` if you only want to work on boilers and not to intrested in the plumbing side ! have you thought about trying for employment with one of the boiler manufacturers ??

na i havent i am a ceiling and partition fixer by trade but my friend is giving me a gr8 opportunity to get my foot in the door doing boilers etc he is looking to get his commercial in gas next year and wants to give me the same opportunities he has had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock