Discuss getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielclark

Hi all

i have just been offered a possition as a plumbers mate with a plumbing and gas installer. He has asked for me to try and saught my c & g nvq level 2 plumbing and heating qualification out. i found a "15 Day City & Guilds Plumbing, Bathroom Fitting and Heating Systems Course" on Plumbing Training Courses in Staffordshire and Wolverhampton in the West Midlands
now i know this course isnt gonna give me any where near enough experience but as i stated i am doing it for the qualification and will get more than enough experience whilst at work. so what my question is: has any one had any experience with this training center and do they give a full city and guilds certification and nvq 2 at the end of it.

city and guilds is an awarding body, just because it says C&G doesnt mean much in itself mate. there are many low level C&G courses, you could say you have a C&G but that doesnt mean its recognised. What you need to consider is the qual not the awarding body, many people/centres will use the term C&G to give credibility. the NVQ is awarded by, yes you guessed it C&G.

what you need to know is the nvq is the equivilant and recognised qual that was the same as the old C&G craft and advanced craft not the tech cert which is what i presume you mean by saying C&G

thanks for the reply. sorry im not quite sure what you are saying, i may have read it wrong but seemed like you was trying to say i dnt need a city and guilds plumbing and heating certification only the nvq 2. i need to get the qualifications through and intensive course as i jus dnt have the time or money to go through the long process of collage. if you have any good advice or test centres thats well worth looking at id appreciate your help. some of them seem to be extremly expensive.

thanks

you will have to do a 6129 city and guilds at collage , then either at same time (i would ) you will do the nvq level 2 (6089) qual
you then do the city and guilds level 3 6129 and the level 3 6089 nvq , stafford collage do plumbing the plumbing quals are all changing so it will be differnt but all in all going to collage will take you about 4 years,

6129 is the tech cert and the 6089 is the nvq, both are C&Gs and you need units from both to achieve the 6089 C&G NVQ. you can however just do the C&G Tech cert but this is not recognised as a full qual unless you upgrade it to the C&G NVQ 6089

however all these are on their way out and being replaced by the 6189 which is a C&G NVQ diploma

oh so i may as well go straight for the 6189 then. do they do an intensive course for that as i either need do nights or intensive. im in essex do you know any gd places around here?

its a very big course so your unlikely to do it intensively, if you do youll just skip over everything and learn very little

you also need to be working in the industry

in my opinion no intensive course is all that good, you will be learning at a fast pace and will not be able to retain all the information that is fired at you. i would say that the minimum that you should be looking at would be 18 months upwards.

hmmmmmm ill be working on boilers in couple of months, im jus trying to get a couple of the neccesary qualifications under my belt, in 12-18 months i wanna be going for my gas

i do understand that, im doing it more for the qualification than anything as ill learn most of it on the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to getting my c & g plumbing and heating and nvq 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock