Discuss Geberit urinal frame with 2 flush pipes question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmondy

The geberit duofix 111.622.00.1 frame. Anyone know the list of compatible urinals? What is the pipe interrupter?

Also, why are there 2 flush pipes?

Thanks ...... jazz drummers!:confused5:

111.jpg

Hi Bigmundy,

The list of suitable urinals will be in the Gerberit brochure.
I'm sure that they make their frames only to suit their products.

As for the interrupter, this may be a piece that is put in the flushpipe to stop water spraying out over the edge of the urinal.
The picture you have shown, and I stand to be corrected, looks like it is a mains flush type.
( cisternless ).

If you are going to install one of these - see if you can get a full set of the installation instructions - and read and understand them thoroughly.

It may save you from having ' egg on your face ' or water during a flush ending up on the ceiling.

They can be very unforgiving if you do not do as the instructions inform you.

Good point Oz Sir.Phoned GEBERIT there - the RHS flush pipe is to be cut off - pointing down the way and is to be left open to allow moisture to evaporate - immediately below it you fit a Tundish to take away any drips and connect that further down the line to the drain. Quite a rigmarole. I guess I could just blank it off. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You had better do some homework regarding the installation of the mains flush.

If you are quoting the job - get a full set of installation instruction before you quote.

If you are not quoting the job - get a full set of instructions and give the customer a ballpark figure before staring the installation.

When you have worked out your price for installation - double it - and you should be within 75% of someone who has installed a few of them.

Done a few of them and the parts required and labour to install them still astounds me.
Also - allow at least one day extra for some of the issues you will encounter after the product has been installed.

The more I look into this the less I see anyone actually using the interruptor pipe.

I'm going to blank it off. ... but must admit I'm worried that water will just collect in it and it will start to smell.

Taking it to a tundish is a ridiculous idea... is going to be built in. .. How would you check the tap on the tundish? It might evaporate???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit urinal frame with 2 flush pipes question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a Geberit UP720 frame. The frame says depth 8cm. (There's also the UP320 frame, which I guess is 12cm.) We are looking at...
Replies
Views
So, I had an old and disgusting Geberit dual flush that didn't work very well, so I decided to replace it. Cistern is 110.830.00.1, so got a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me with an issue I'm having at home. We've just returned from a week long holiday and have...
Replies
Views
Laurie1987
L
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if anyone would know if this Tavistock wall hung pan would be compatible with this Geberit concealed cistern . I know they are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock