Currently reading:
Geberit urinal frame with 2 flush pipes question?

Discuss Geberit urinal frame with 2 flush pipes question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmondy

The geberit duofix 111.622.00.1 frame. Anyone know the list of compatible urinals? What is the pipe interrupter?

Also, why are there 2 flush pipes?

Thanks ...... jazz drummers!:confused5:

111.jpg

Hi Bigmundy,

The list of suitable urinals will be in the Gerberit brochure.
I'm sure that they make their frames only to suit their products.

As for the interrupter, this may be a piece that is put in the flushpipe to stop water spraying out over the edge of the urinal.
The picture you have shown, and I stand to be corrected, looks like it is a mains flush type.
( cisternless ).

If you are going to install one of these - see if you can get a full set of the installation instructions - and read and understand them thoroughly.

It may save you from having ' egg on your face ' or water during a flush ending up on the ceiling.

They can be very unforgiving if you do not do as the instructions inform you.

Good point Oz Sir.Phoned GEBERIT there - the RHS flush pipe is to be cut off - pointing down the way and is to be left open to allow moisture to evaporate - immediately below it you fit a Tundish to take away any drips and connect that further down the line to the drain. Quite a rigmarole. I guess I could just blank it off. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You had better do some homework regarding the installation of the mains flush.

If you are quoting the job - get a full set of installation instruction before you quote.

If you are not quoting the job - get a full set of instructions and give the customer a ballpark figure before staring the installation.

When you have worked out your price for installation - double it - and you should be within 75% of someone who has installed a few of them.

Done a few of them and the parts required and labour to install them still astounds me.
Also - allow at least one day extra for some of the issues you will encounter after the product has been installed.

The more I look into this the less I see anyone actually using the interruptor pipe.

I'm going to blank it off. ... but must admit I'm worried that water will just collect in it and it will start to smell.

Taking it to a tundish is a ridiculous idea... is going to be built in. .. How would you check the tap on the tundish? It might evaporate???????

If I was to cut the black section of the branch to the right of the flush pipe before the 90 degree bend ..... do you think a nice big thick wrapping of denso tape would suffice in blocking the interruptor pipe? Don't know what else to do.

You are just going to have to follow the instructions.

It is obviously required, or else it wouldn't be there.
So if you cut it off and tape it up, you will void warranty and maybe insurance cover.

Its obviously a high end job - so just allow for all the necessary requirements.

By putting a tundish in then I will have to leave an access panel to ensure maintainance access is available to ensure the water seal (trap) has not evaporated or smells will surely build up? Its a branch near the end of a 4" soil line with a durgo air admittance valve at the end of it. It is high end with a Duravit Stark 1 Urinal to be fitted. Not yet delivered - but I don't envisage that the back of the urinal will have 2 flush pipe connections yet it is listed as being compatible with this Urinal Frame. Its a very peculiar arrangement.
48291_web2_prod_normal_2.jpg
2014-8-22--7-43-42-134.jpg

I would do like oz says and follow instructions to the letter, and tell customer an access will have to be left.

I was just wondering...whether Gerberit would have different flush pipe assembly's for the different urinals that can be installed onto their frames.
The list you posted had dozens of urinals on it.
Maybe they make a universal flush pipe - to suit all requirements, or flush pipes that can be adapted to different urinals.

It may be worth contacting them.

Am sure thats there to create air gap as yournot supposed to fit mains water to a urinal here.
Use a hep rubber trap as no water needed

By putting a tundish in then I will have to leave an access panel to ensure maintainance access is available to ensure the water seal (trap) has not evaporated or smells will surely build up?

You'll need an access panel for the control unit anyway.

Although I have a personal hatred of them, Waterless is the way to go.

The access to the valve is via the large sensor - but that would not allow room for a tundish access as teh flush pipe is below the access panel and behind the urinal.

It would have to be fitted below near the drain.

Pain in the neck. I can see me out with the plumbers mate and flash band - I joke of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit urinal frame with 2 flush pipes question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock