Search the forum,

Discuss Gassafe register in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumba66

It's the fifth or sixth time I am having to go through the same old thing again where I have to pay over £1000 & a week off work to renew my Gassafe, I go through the same old thing every five years, not a lot has changed & what has changed since the last time I am notified of the changes through Gassafe, what a complete rip off, if I have to prove my competency why not just have a site visit , I also have to sit next to kitchen fitters who haven't worked in the plumbing & heating industry but just want to fit hobs:nono:

Count yourself lucky it's only a grand and 1 week there's a few on here that have just about everything.

Well the alternative is No Gassafe and every Kitchen fitter and tiler will be fitting Boilers.

I understand what you mean but gas needs to be controlled otherwise every tit would be doing it!

I understand what you mean but gas needs to be controlled otherwise every tit would be doing it!

came across a builder that does gas work boilers etc etc not gas registered so went to report him and guess what !!!

Nothing happened gas safe just said unless the home owner complained they can't do nothing lol

shambolic

came across a builder that does gas work boilers etc etc not gas registered so went to report him and guess what !!!

Nothing happened gas safe just said unless the home owner complained they can't do nothing lol

shambolic

or unless he hurts/kills someone but then it too far

shambolic

And thats the problem.

We need to upgrade the enforcement, so its the same as drink driving. The whole point of the drink driving enforcement is that we try to nick people BEFORE they kill someone. Should be the same with illegal gas work.

There's to many corner cutting diyers out there getting away with it.

And thats the problem.

We need to upgrade the enforcement, so its the same as drink driving. The whole point of the drink driving enforcement is that we try to nick people BEFORE they kill someone. Should be the same with illegal gas work.

yes and on the add they cant buy boilers/products etc and gas fittings simple

A simple way is to make it well known that installing gas appliances using non qualified engineers invalidates any property of contents insurance.

A simple way is to make it well known that installing gas appliances using non qualified engineers invalidates any property of contents insurance.

it does anyway

Plumba66 you must have some range of quals if it costs £1000 and takes a week to do the assessments, I assume as you have done it so many times you don't do training, so 5 days assessments must just about cover every available ACS going, last time I did mine I did core and 5 in 1.5days

I've had plenty of jobs where I'm asked "do you do boilers?" I reply yes to an extent but not the gas side as I have a friend who does the gas side of boilers for me any way. I've probsbly lost thousands of pounds over the years by saying no but I sleep soundly at night. You can't put a price on that.

I agree every 5 years a pain I am getting older, maybe another time, then dementia sets in

Over the years, Ive tried numerous times to report non GS persons, and never is anything actual done, so I don't bother anymore, my renewal is due next February and I'm seriously thinking of not renewing and working the same way as others appear to do.

Ive even advise someone who was complaining about a non registered fitter (and left him in a dangerous situation)on Streetlife and GS told him to go to Trading Standards.

WTF do they do with our money, aside from send a largely superfluous glossy mag out once a month that contain a multitude of ads and not much more, takes all of 15 mins to read before it goes in the recycling.

Henly1234 if you are into recycling ask Gas Safe to stop sending a paper copy and read it online

shambolic

It is the HSE that are responsible for enforcing this law and not GS so you should report him to HSE. They do prosecute.

So everyone keeps saying. But I would like to see some evidence.

It is similar to the belief that suicide invalidates Life Insurance. It doesn't (unless within, normally, 12 months of policy inception)

I tried reporting a cowboy plumber near me who regularly fits and repairs boilers despite NEVER having been registered. They asked me addresses and dates he was there. Like I've got time to be a private detective

The the first thing GSR should do is refer to the HSE rather than can't be bothered attitude.
Agree.

Or at the very least tell people its the HSE who deal with this, instead of just doing nothing because it's nothing to do with them.

gas safe have an input. the last one i was chasing i went through reg man who has contacts with hse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gassafe register in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and was told the regs are now retrospectively applied. This is the opposite of what I am used to. For example, if I do an electrical inspection and find a...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas hob. Ive noticed that the oven supply 15mm and the hob supply is 15mm but once the cupboard is out i can see the hob supply is 10mm in the wall. Which...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock