Discuss Gas Test Gauges in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonkee17

Hi all,

I am currently doing so research about Gas Testing Equipment, in particular, Gas Test Gauges.
During my research I have come across manometers/ u-gauges, which seem very similar to gas test gauges.

Would anyone be able to explain what the difference is between a u-gauge and gas test gauge? As far as I can see u-gauges are use to test drains and pipes, whilst gas test gauges check the pressure of gas pipes and appliances.

Also, how would you use a gas test gauge?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

They have different scales but basically rely on the fluid acting against a gas. Basically F=mgh? Or u could use f=ma both give identical results ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Test Gauges in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Good'ay Wondering what I have been doing wrong or what I should be doing differently. Have had some jobs lately where I will carry out a gas...
Replies
Views
P
Hi. I have a hot water high pressure problem that my heating engineer (and other engineers that he has spoken to) cannot fix. I’m hoping someone...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock