Discuss Gas pipe across plug socket safety? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a double plug socket on a skirting board over which I need to install a new gas pipe. The socket is no longer used. Is it safe to put a double blanking plate across this plug socket and for the new gas pipe to run across it?

If the person undertaken the works is an RGI you wouldn't need to be asking the question, I suggest you get someone in that knows what their doing.

If the person undertaken the works is an RGI you wouldn't need to be asking the question, I suggest you get someone in that knows what their doing.

Whats the point in me posting questions on this forum if all you get are pointless replies like the above.

Reading back some previous postings I see you are updating a 1930`s semi and fair play to you Adam but there is a world of difference between water and gas and what the guy`s can and can`t help you with legally. As said you need a gsr guy to help you with the gas side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe across plug socket safety? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has...
Replies
Views
Back