Discuss Gas Engineers > What is the correct procedure attending a boiler breakdown? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Seriously?

I suspect that the lack of comments from other RGI's is be cause you are a generally popular correspondent, whereas I am an infrequent visitor. If you were supporting my argument, and I yours, we would be inundated with responses.

How can you visually check a Gas Rate?

its not hard if you know if you dont

write the number down time then write the numbers down work it out from there or time it if imperial

or if you do know what kw should give you like

.10 is 30kw
.095 is 28kw
.08 is 24 kw
.05 is 15kw

its not hard if you know if you dont

write the number down time then write the numbers down work it out from there or time it if imperial

or if you do know what kw should give you like

.10 is 30kw
.095 is 28kw
.08 is 24 kw
.05 is 15kw

A bit of back tracking? What you are describing is actually Gas Rating. My personal preference, as it happens, to calculate (metric) is finish - start (2 mins) * 322.8 = Kw/hr.

However this farcical series of posts started when you stated:

i wouldnt do a

let by or tt
gas rate
working pressure
or fga test

i would do a visual check of the boiler
visual check of the case seals.

But now you are acknowledging that you would do a gas rate.

A bit of back tracking? What you are describing is actually Gas Rating. My personal preference, as it happens, to calculate (metric) is finish - start (2 mins) * 322.8 = Kw/hr.

However this farcical series of posts started when you stated:

i wouldnt do a

let by or tt
gas rate
working pressure
or fga test

i would do a visual check of the boiler
visual check of the case seals.

But now you are acknowledging that you would do a gas rate.

only to keep you happy and end this debate as its going no where

if you look back you asked how you could do a visual gas rate which ive answered, didnt say i did one i just know the figures off my head

these days you could as you do it or use an app or get to know the figures gets to the same end

Okay. We can end this nonsense. As you keep twisting, and obviously do not comply with your obligations.

To the OP: be very careful about accepting advice from any forum, without double checking. This forum, in particular, is replete with guys who have little knowledge of the regulations.
It is full if inaccurate statements, for example, regarding the REQUIREMENTS for tightness testing, and the status, nature and requirements of Landlord Certs (CP12's).
Having said that, Shaun is normally one of the better ones.

dont need to tt on land lord gas safety certificates

Also @ShaunCorbs & @firemant isnt what you are both describing a KW rating and not a gas rating. A gas rating for a 30kw boiler is about 3.2kw not 30kw? Or am I missing something here?

I don't quite understand your post, HF.
Probably strictly speaking, a gas rate would be measured in M3 but after saying Kw is not a gas rating, you go onto suggest it is.
A 30Kw boiler will be typically about 31/32Kw input, not 3.2. was that a typo?

I don't quite understand your post, HF.
Probably strictly speaking, a gas rate would be measured in M3 but after saying Kw is not a gas rating, you go onto suggest it is.
A 30Kw boiler will be typically about 31/32Kw input, not 3.2. was that a typo?
I mean that this is a gas rate mate

3D31C1DB-8248-4A3D-9475-4FAF0E193CC2.jpeg

Reply to Gas Engineers > What is the correct procedure attending a boiler breakdown? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock