Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Engineers > What is the correct procedure attending a boiler breakdown? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

dont need to tt on land lord gas safety certificates
Just been reading through this thread and this popped out at me. If we don't need to tightness test for a landlords cert why does it ask to tick the box for satisfactory tightness test on the cert? I'm not disagreeing with you, I've only been qualified 20 months so just asking for my own knowledge.

Just been reading through this thread and this popped out at me. If we don't need to tightness test for a landlords cert why does it ask to tick the box for satisfactory tightness test on the cert? I'm not disagreeing with you, I've only been qualified 20 months so just asking for my own knowledge.

dont need to fill in every box on the report some dont even list the tt on the report depends on pad manufacturer

That seems backwards to me. Is there a reason for not testing the gas? My logic is, your there to check the gas within the property is safe so how can we say it's safe without testing the gas.

That seems backwards to me. Is there a reason for not testing the gas? My logic is, your there to check the gas within the property is safe so how can we say it's safe without testing the gas.

You there doing a check and no a service

So in short the minimum eg fga, burner or input and your off etc

I’m sorry, but you’re earning decent money to be there to be thorough and do a proper job. I will always tightness test and wouldn’t want to work with anyone who didn’t

? £ 30-45 decent

I charge £50. Anyway when you find yourself in the dock because one of your houses had just blown up how much is that going to cost you

Not regs to do a tt on a llgsc so you won't be in any dock

I know I’m wasting my breath, but In my eyes you guys are just splitting hairs. Cutting corners. You know there’s a risk factor there and you’re driving away regardless.

I know I’m wasting my breath, but In my eyes you guys are just splitting hairs. Cutting corners. You know there’s a risk factor there and you’re driving away regardless.
I think all everyone is saying mate. Is that they do not have to. Doesn’t necessarily mean they do not and even if they do not, it’s on their conscience not yours.

You might be right mate. But there’s a newly qualified guy on this thread and he’s being told you don’t need to bother tightness testing. It’s not a very good example to set is it.

You might be right mate. But there’s a newly qualified guy on this thread and he’s being told you don’t need to bother tightness testing. It’s not a very good example to set is it.
I appreciate what your saying and to be fair Shaun did only say its not required, not that he didn't, and while I'm newly qualified I have been working on gas for 14 years (supervised of course) and I've always been taught to test the gas before I do any other work on gas in a property. I only asked the question regarding the TT on landlords because again it's something I just do naturally and wasn't aware it's not actually required. But for my own piece of mind I will continue to test the gas everytime

I appreciate what your saying and to be fair Shaun did only say its not required, not that he didn't, and while I'm newly qualified I have been working on gas for 14 years (supervised of course) and I've always been taught to test the gas before I do any other work on gas in a property. I only asked the question regarding the TT on landlords because again it's something I just do naturally and wasn't aware it's not actually required. But for my own piece of mind I will continue to test the gas everytime

Top Man! Check, check and double check :)

Reply to Gas Engineers > What is the correct procedure attending a boiler breakdown? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock