Discuss Franke boiling tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Not having a good few days.
installed a franke boiling water tap and heater, before I turned the water on I must have knocked on the electric isolator. There was no Water in the unit so it has fried the element. I have tried the overheat to no avail.
best price for a replacement so far is ÂŁ435(ouch)
anyone know a place cheaper?
thanks

Have you tried talking to the manufacturer yet? Not saying they will replace it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

BTW, who bought the unit? You or the custard?

Have you tried talking to the manufacturer yet? Not saying they will replace it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

BTW, who bought the unit? You or the custard?
customer. ( Electritian who does my wiring)
pits my fault tho, can't expect him to pay again.

Not having a good few days.
installed a franke boiling water tap and heater, before I turned the water on I must have knocked on the electric isolator. There was no Water in the unit so it has fried the element. I have tried the overheat to no avail.
best price for a replacement so far is ÂŁ435(ouch)
anyone know a place cheaper?
thanks
silly lad should have kicked it in as faulty,first rule of plumbing it was someone elses fault

customer. ( Electritian who does my wiring)
pits my fault tho, can't expect him to pay again.

Not a good idea to even consider him replacing.
Everything apart, I applaud you for owning up. Besides, being a leccy, he would have clued up to why unit failed?

Put it down to experience....you have to own up and take it on the chin from time to time.
Can you not put it through insurance?
Depending on your excess, you may come out slightly less tarnished.

Don't know about this particular piece of equipment but I am surprised that there is not a safety cutout. Surely it is unsafe design, if not. Failure of water supply is a forseeable possibility. Take it up with the manufacturer!

Chalked, are you sure you have fried the element ? Have a read of the below link, have you checked the safety function on the handle before you spend out any money on parts

Boiling Water Taps

........................................ Take it up with the manufacturer!

They may be willing to provide a solution at a better price ,
( and will be able to tell accidentally killed / un-used )
as you have not had your moneys worth out of that element !
( If others have tried and failed .. some one may know )
Thanks for sharing .
Wishing a better outcome in an ideal world.

Was the disaster accompanied with a smell you won't forget ?

My fitter has plugged in the tank and switched on the power supply before filling it with water and tripped the safety override; what can he do?
The Tank is fitted with a reset button positioned under a black plastic cover on the front left hand side of the tank which can be operated to restart the tank.

is it definitely faulty? is there power to it? has the sparks wired it correctly? check the reset button. then bend franke's ear for a replacement, take names when you speak to them do you need a returns number? I wouldn't be taking a penny out of my pocket for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Franke boiling tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I know nothing about plumbing 🤦‍♂️ and am trying to sort out a leaking kitchen tap. It's a Franke Davos 'J' Tap. I turned off the water to the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Franke Athena kitchen mixer tap fitted. After turning it off there is a small drop on the spout. If I remove this then...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
There was an AEG Prosource Hot Water tap (model GYB00418DT) in the kitchen when we bought our house. The 'standard' mixer handle (i.e. not the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock