Discuss Ford Transit Connects in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I use this van the now, but find its a bit small now with all the equipt, wetvacs, fga, tools, drills, fittings etc etc, and Im thinkin of gettin the SWB size vans like transits and vivaros,

do u all think that connects are a bit small ??? baring in mind we do a lot of installs with rads always in the back of the van !

I think the connect is too small I've been in a connect. Had a dispatch. And a berlingo and a tranny swb

For install and service a swb is best. For service a berlingo is gr8.
A dispatch is too big for service and too small for install. ( siimilar size to connect)

I have the renault traffic and sometimes I find that even that isn't big enough!

Connects are a waste of time.

They eat front tyres and use just as much fuel as a proper SWB Transits, and only carry a quarter of the load.

Long wheelbase VW Caddyies don't look too bad for load carrying.
B.Gas use both normal and long Caddies, but they do have millions of £'s to throw away.

Last edited:
I had a LWB Connect before and found it to be great. I've got a Berlingo at the minute and it's way too small. Pathetic little excuse for a van. I like the Transits, but the Vivaro/Traffic is good too, but they don't drive as nice a the Fords.

They are decent enough vans to drive but not very good in the snow! Anyway if you can get them kitted out properly you can just about squeeze everything in. I used to use mine only for repairs/maintenance but maybe not so great for installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ford Transit Connects in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back