Discuss Ford Transit Connects in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I use this van the now, but find its a bit small now with all the equipt, wetvacs, fga, tools, drills, fittings etc etc, and Im thinkin of gettin the SWB size vans like transits and vivaros,

do u all think that connects are a bit small ??? baring in mind we do a lot of installs with rads always in the back of the van !

I think the connect is too small I've been in a connect. Had a dispatch. And a berlingo and a tranny swb

For install and service a swb is best. For service a berlingo is gr8.
A dispatch is too big for service and too small for install. ( siimilar size to connect)

I have the renault traffic and sometimes I find that even that isn't big enough!

Connects are a waste of time.

They eat front tyres and use just as much fuel as a proper SWB Transits, and only carry a quarter of the load.

Long wheelbase VW Caddyies don't look too bad for load carrying.
B.Gas use both normal and long Caddies, but they do have millions of ÂŁ's to throw away.

Last edited:
ive got a swb transit and still think i dont have enough space lol

iv got a connect, i really only do service and breakdowns n i find it to small

I had a LWB Connect before and found it to be great. I've got a Berlingo at the minute and it's way too small. Pathetic little excuse for a van. I like the Transits, but the Vivaro/Traffic is good too, but they don't drive as nice a the Fords.

They are decent enough vans to drive but not very good in the snow! Anyway if you can get them kitted out properly you can just about squeeze everything in. I used to use mine only for repairs/maintenance but maybe not so great for installs

gerry

much u lookin for what year etc if u wana pm me it on fb mate il pick it up in mornin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ford Transit Connects in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock