Discuss Flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of them Hannah. It's very much a personal thing. I like Powerflow because I've always used it.

Mike likes everflux because it creates tectonic chaos.

And Ray likes the ones that make his pockets jingle.......

laco is kinder to your hands, but it still stings when getting into a cut i found that out yesterday

Everflux and laco are both active fluxs that clean the joint for soldering, everflux is always active where as laco is only active when heat is applied. We use to just use laco for gas installs because it shouldnt corrode ( just look horrible when not cleaned properly ) but then they realised we had used everflux for years with no problems so why bother!

from memory fluxs that are only active when heated should be used on gas pipe work as unable to flush wether laco or powerflux are I have no idea can anyone advise

from memory fluxs that are only active when heated should be used on gas pipe work as unable to flush wether laco or powerflux are I have no idea can anyone advise

The fact you couldnt flush and it wasnt ment to be active, but I have seen what laco looks like after a while as I use to always use it and its not good. Now have to use ever as ordered by the firm, took a while to get use to it.

some are thicker, some abit runny.
Some smell bad, some destroy your lungs (la co)
some burn in a cut, ever-flux tempts you to cauterise the wound with a blow lamp.
None of them are good for your skin!

basically buy a small tub of each one and have a go using them.

decide which one you like to use best.

i use everflux.......that's mainly down to pts cocking up an order and feeling the need to give me a box of it......

Centerbrand flux is fernox power flow. Used to use laco, then went no frills heat activated now just stuck with bumcenter now. Does job cleans off easily with damp wet rag.

LaCo for me but everything works. No need to clean the fitting with LaCo imho

I remember shouting at an apprentice flux doesn't clean fittings you do. That's the way forward wool or pad shine that mofo. On class E always sand more that insert so u can verify it's been rubbed before cleaned and glued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I'm hoping you can tell me the main differences between: Mira Digital Activate Shower & Mira Digital Platinum Shower and also the main...
Replies
Views
Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
How can you tell the difference between white pvc and ABS if the pipe has been cut in a way that doesn’t show the pipe details.
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm doing some heatloss calculations, going by a fairly old plumbing book. The formula for calculating heatloss would be Surface Area x...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock