Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue Redirection Advice - Gledhill GB10 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brody

Hi,

I'm looking at potentially having a conservatory built however the flue for my Gledhill GB10 boiler exits into what would be inside the conservatory. There is plenty of discussion online about simply installing a flue redirection kit (having it installed, I wouldn't do it) however it would appear that Gledhill have gone out of business.

Do I have any hope at all of finding a boiler engineer that will be able to redirect my flue, either from its existing exit outside and up the outside wall so it exits through the conservatory roof to the outside or inside the house and out of the rear wall, clear of the conservatory?

Thanks in advance and go easy, this is my first post!

Pretty sure gledhill is but they no longer make gas boilers?

having had a read of the instructions a few months ago, you cant do any flue management or a vertical flue.

it would be a case of relocating the boiler to another position.

at which point begs the question, depending on the age of the boiler, for roughly the same labour cost having a new boiler fitted.

The boiler came as part of the new build house so approx 7 years old. In ballpark figures what is the general difference between relocation and replacement? Its a 3 bed semi, no need for anything else to be added or replaced I don't think.

Thanks for your help/advice.

Pretty sure gledhill is but they no longer make gas boilers?

having had a read of the instructions a few months ago, you cant do any flue management or a vertical flue.

it would be a case of relocating the boiler to another position.

at which point begs the question, depending on the age of the boiler, for roughly the same labour cost having a new boiler fitted.

Plus one!

Additional costs of replacing would be cost of the new boiler + associated parts and registration of the installation.

As relocating would involve the same amount of pipework and effort as a new boiler
with a possible upgrade to the gas but unlikely for the same power modern boiler.

I would have a local independent gas safe engineer come over to look at relocating the current boiler and give it a little health check as to if its worth moving or replacing.

has the gledhill been serviced annually ?

there is a section on this forum called im looking for a plumber or gas engineer. Post up a job listing for a visit.
The forum is filled with highly competent engineers.

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/[/DLMURL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Redirection Advice - Gledhill GB10 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock