Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue gas analiser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smileyplumber

Im looking at new FGA's
Im also semi skint so keeping cost down so I would like to ask you guy's out there if Regin [h=1]REGXA1[/h]FGA's are any good or if you would recomend any
Im used to Anton type as per british gas equipment but im open to other makes ,
any helpfull info or advice would be great Thank

Last edited by a moderator:
testo has a sready price as well :) kane 455 best of bunch and reasonable annaul service cost

is the kane 250 any good, seen you can get the kit (case, printer etc) for £350

I've got the Anton Sprint.
Altogether a satisfactory piece of kit imo.

I'm not at one with the sprint. I swear at Testo.

Wouldn't mind a Kane 357!

is the kane 250 any good, seen you can get the kit (case, printer etc) for £350

and in 2 years it will cost you some £250 plus to replace the sensor!!!!!!!!!! and again in 2 years, which is why the 455 or 457 is the better bet £80 for 5 years to service

Do you NEED a printer or WANT a printer?
If you are doing social housing and they have it in the contract to supply a read out then fine, but if not don't bother, I know some people say it proves that you did a test, but it doesn't, because you can reset the date on the machine and do a print out ( why would you unless you were dodgy, but in court it can be argued the read out is a bit of paper, no proof where the reading was taken or when) and I know some people say its better to give a print out as well, but think about you getting your car or van MOT'd, the guy comes up with the keys and says "it passed, hers your MOT and exhaust emission result" you have a quick look at the emission report but have no idea what it says can't understand it and don't care as he said it passed.
If money is no object but a full CPA kit from Kane, I use the 455, which has everything in it, the 455 might be superseded now, not sure, it has a 5 yr warranty if you get it serviced, fixed cost £85 per year and they are very robust, I had a testo again very good but service coasts are way too high
Before you buy any kit do at least a 5 yr total cost, purchase and 5 services, some machines have a small service then a big service, so you need to add up the full running cost plus initial purchase, then you get an idea of your total bill.
Choice of machine for a lot of people comes down to confidence in using it, so if you are shown how to use one machine you stick with it, but once you learn how to get the readings they are all pretty much the same, cost is king

Kane 250

That's one of the benefits of being an employee and the senior service engineer

I get all the newest toys!

The Kane rep can get you a 250 but he advises the bigger ones, I like the guy so it's not just sales spin, he says the 250 isn't as robust so if you do pollute it there could be a higher repair bill, he reckons you need to be trying to break the 455 and even then the oil guys are struggling to break them if they get overloaded, just get them purged as quickly as possible and they are fine

kane 455, that's what ive got and is superb, cheap to re-calibrate yearly aswell and the service kane offer in my opinion is extremely good.

my 455 was late getting back from a service, I winged and they refunded the charge, so good in my books. Agree with kirk compare 250 or 455 over 5 years of use and youll soon see why a 455 is good value

Get a used Anton. If its got a years calibration and not stolen its good. Anton are expensive for service and repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue gas analiser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock