Discuss Flame rectification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn off gas, call for heat or hot water, if boiler goes to lockout it's working.

Thanks for that stussy... So there's no need to check resistance or anything?

Run boiler (burner lit) then isolate the gas and the boiler should try to relight then go to lockout.

Disconnect the probe. Set your multimeter to microamps. Connect the probe to one lead and earth the other lead. Fire up the boiler, you should see 6-9 microamps. If you do its the board, if not it's the probe or a bad earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please correct me if I'm wrong. If the probe is faulty, the boiler would go into lockout any way right? So turning off the gas wouldn't determine the probe being faulty? Confused. Com

Thanks croppie. When you say disconnect, I take you only mean remove it from the burner but leave it plugged into the Pcb?

you should be looking for reversed polarity first though,otherwise it will fry the new pcb

What will fry it, the test that croppie mentioned?

no,croppies test is correct, the fact that there could be other factors causing the fault,if any electrical work has been done in the house,and the polarity has been reversed this most commonly shows itself as a flame detection fault ,if you dont test for it and think its the pcb you could get your fingers burnt,what supplies the boiler spur or plug?

Makes perfect sense.....I'm not looking at a boiler with fault, just picking brains.... Thanks gas man..

Also as I said, check you've got a good earth.

20150211_141218.jpg

I remember seeing that pic a few weeks ago. I went out and bought a volt pen the next day....

Or interrupt the connection between the probe and the harness with your multimeter.

Some newer boilers will give a readout of the ionisation signal on the board display, some need a stronger signal than Croppie quotes.

Worcester quote 35 micro amps on their new compact, I think they have got that wrong though. I can make one run while its reading 15.

only look at remeha avantas, then just press the plus button 5 x and it shows you the flame rectification readout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flame rectification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock