Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting an 8" square headed fixed shower head to a 10.5kw Electric shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmondy

High pressure area on the mains supply and we were wondering if the Triton 300i wireless would be able to deliver sufficient volume to supply the single mode triton fixed head.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers.

High pressure area on the mains supply and we were wondering if the Triton 300i wireless would be able to deliver sufficient volume to supply the single mode triton fixed head.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers.

It's doubtful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Never use any other head with an electric shower apart from the one supplied or you'll risk blowing the pressure relief device in the shower.

" Fitting an 8" square headed fixed shower head to a 10.5kw Electric shower."

If they like cold showers it might be ok :lol:

Noted Guys. Appreciate it.

They dont want the head that came with it and want a fixed one. If I was to scale it down to a comparative size to the adjustable one - would that blow the PRD?

Easiest way IMO is to compare the flow rate of the heads.
Less than the manufacturers supplied could blow the PRV.
More would work ok but at a reduced pressure which may not be acceptable to the customer.

With Phil on this one shouldn't fit any other than what comes with it y not sell em a shower fixed head set up saves replacing the electric in a few years once its scaled up

Easiest way IMO is to compare the flow rate of the heads.
Less than the manufacturers supplied could blow the PRV.
More would work ok but at a reduced pressure which may not be acceptable to the customer.

I think this might be the route to follow. It is a wet room area and the electric shower is not going to be required to blow them away with pressure. More of a rainfall effect is required. I will check the flow rate of the shower.

Digital Shower - Aspirante Wireless Satin

Thanks guys.

You need a decent pressure and flow to obtain that effect. If its not good enough you may find that you'll only have water coming out of half the holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought that might be an issue and said exactly that - but it doesnt seem to concern them.

The plan is I'm installing a combi in the house next year (I hope) and then Ill change over the electric shower to digital remote thermostatic. so I suppose having the water coming out half the holes would be bearable for the time being. It will be overhead but only about 2.1m off the deck so heat loss shouldnt be a huge issue from a 10.5kw shower on a high setting. I hope. :)

i doubt if it will work with a combi either that size is normally linked to an unvented think of the incoming cold in the winter and the combi,s output as long as the customer say,s your to do it and no come backs on you

Tried a 9.5 kw Mira Play with this chap on a warm setting and it worked wonderfully - every hole was used. I honestly could not believe it. Soft rain effect achieved - one happy customer (hopefully).

2012-9-24--7-18-14-870_TSHFKELSBL_Z.jpg

Does anyone know where I might find the flow rate of the Triton 300si 10.5kw? Checked the install docs and on line - cant find it anywhere.

Seems to be holding its own. Still curious though - does anyone know where I might find the flow rate of the Triton 300si 10.5kw? Checked the install docs and on line - cant find it anywhere. Is it one of the great unknowns - no response from TRITON either. :(

The flow rate will vary with the temperature requirement. Why not measure it yourself?

Seems to be holding its own. Still curious though - does anyone know where I might find the flow rate of the Triton 300si 10.5kw? Checked the install docs and on line - cant find it anywhere. Is it one of the great unknowns - no response from TRITON either. :(

Have you tried ringing Triton technical support?

Customer Service Information

Looks like the only issue that Triton feel is a risk is the square shower head delivering a dissapointing flow.

This is defintootly not the case - the flow is terrific and speaking as a MIRA MAN - the triton 10.5kw delivers a terrific flow rate.

The Triton experts say that the PRD is definitely NOT at risk of blowing with this head being used - however they did say that you shouldnt do it..... which we already all know ;).

Bazinga! Winner. Thanks everyone.

Your temperature rise will be around 30º so your flow rate nearer 5.
Handy table that, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting an 8" square headed fixed shower head to a 10.5kw Electric shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock