Discuss Finished Course What Next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
OK so you've finished your current training course (whatever level or exam or qualification - including fast trackers), what have you done or are doing next to get business?

Finnished Tech Cert in Feb. Spent two months trying to find a placement paid or otherwise and then two came along. Both part time. Spent 6 months now working with two blokes 3 or 4 days a week. Pay is a token gesture but I'm happy with that. I'm only of very slight use so far but improving.

Good variety of work. My aim is to continue for a good while longer whilst undertaking increasingly ambitious jobs for friends and family (there's about 5 months worth of work under that catergory alone) and then maybe middle of next year start advertising to do very small jobs that i'm confident with.

Then, realisitcally, year - year and a half down the line get the NVQ done and see if I can't start doing it full time with a company or part-time on my own.

I'm basically doing an apprenticeship the hard way where none could be found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finished Course What Next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock