Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop - small leak after repressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 103981

Hi all
I bled a radiator today and had to top up the pressure on my Glowworm 24cxi combi.
After I closed the valves and turned the heating back on there was a slight trickle of water from flow side of the loop. Couldn't see exactly - but not the valve itself, somewhere above it.
Just a few of teaspoons worth. And an hour later, no further signs of leakage.
Happened a few months back after I moved in and bled a different radiator and topped up. There were no leaks afterwards and it had a service shortly after with no problems detected. Stupidly I forgot to ask the engineer about it at the time.

Anyone had this problem before? Should I get someone out to investigate? Boiler is about 10 years old.

Photo attached. Thanks in advance for any help
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg

Flow link inside the boiler is notorious for leaking on them. Particularly when repressurising.

You will need a registered engineer to check this

Cheers

Reply to Filling loop - small leak after repressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock