Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Filling loop - small leak after repressure in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. SJI

SJI New Member

Hi all
    I bled a radiator today and had to top up the pressure on my Glowworm 24cxi combi.
    After I closed the valves and turned the heating back on there was a slight trickle of water from flow side of the loop. Couldn't see exactly - but not the valve itself, somewhere above it.
    Just a few of teaspoons worth. And an hour later, no further signs of leakage.
    Happened a few months back after I moved in and bled a different radiator and topped up. There were no leaks afterwards and it had a service shortly after with no problems detected. Stupidly I forgot to ask the engineer about it at the time.

Anyone had this problem before? Should I get someone out to investigate? Boiler is about 10 years old.

Photo attached. Thanks in advance for any help 20190108_141057.jpg 20190108_141057.jpg 20190108_141057.jpg 20190108_141057.jpg

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

often washers dry out and when they get wet seal themselves , dint worry
    centralheatking

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

May be a small drip inside the boiler. If you are worried give a local engineer a call.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KingDoey

KingDoey Plumber GSR

Flow link inside the boiler is notorious for leaking on them. Particularly when repressurising.

You will need a registered engineer to check this

Cheers