Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli F30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all

i have a ferroli f30, when i turn the DHW on the led on boiler lights heats water for 90secs or so the led goes out and boiler goes into standby then fires back up and the cycle repeats over.

i have follow the MIs and changed the DHW sensor to no aval

i removed the room sealed cover and run the DHW and it works fine, ive checked the flue for blockages non were found, if i put the cover back on it runs for about 30 seconds and the fault persists, if when it cut out with the cover on it let the cover go slightly it fire back up straight away, if i dont do that it takes a few seconds to fire up.

would i be right in thinking its a faulty air pressure switch or can you guys advise any further as ferroli are close tonite so i carnt ask them

cheers all

aps, check continuity, likely to be venturi fault (if applicable), check condition, ferrolis use cheap venturis that often crack with heat over time

Last edited:
yes it does have a venturi, i did not check this, if the venturi is ok and the aps tubes are all good its got to be the APS its self ? but surly if its faulty then the CH would also be affected ? the customer has not said the CH is failing at all but if its kicking in and out like the hot water then the customer wont realize ?

ive had a few of theses with same fault one was restrictor ring in flue,, and other was dhw sensor it needed moving down the dog leg as it was sensing to much heat from heat x just move sensor down abit

yes it does have a venturi, i did not check this, if the venturi is ok and the aps tubes are all good its got to be the APS its self ? but surly if its faulty then the CH would also be affected ? the customer has not said the CH is failing at all but if its kicking in and out like the hot water then the customer wont realize ?

Just make sure you bring a new venturi with you if you are going to have a look at the existing incase the old one breaks when you remove it, tell the customer you are going to check it before you look at it and warn them it could break but must be checked.

From what you are saying it sounds like an air flow fault if it works with cover off so its likely to be the aps or venturi or flue fault/blocked heat exchanger.

You can check the aps resistance to see if thats whats causing it.

I once had a halstead boiler that would work on htg but cut in and out on hw, turned out to be a blocked venturi.

If you ring ferroli while you are there they can talk you through it.

Thank you all for your help i removed the fan and checked the venturi seemed ok but i changed it anyhoo refitted it all tested it and it seemed fine, but i did that i checked the heating (which i should have done before the DHW sensor) and that was kicking in and out just like the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli F30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock