Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox vs kamco power flush units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Fernox or kamco????? I am getting a power flush in jan. What one should I get

cheers gents

I like my Kamco but have nothing bad to say about Fernox or Norstrom. I don't like the Anton one.

Always found the kamco best tbh but we don't use them any more cause all sorts of problems a year or two down the line. I did use one of the magnaclean powers lush units recently though and thats an impressive bit of kit.

Just fit magnaclean as standard now tbh

Apparently the fernox can be run at 80deg = job jobbed faster right?

I think you get a days training with Kamco, probably the same for Fernox.

Either of those with a set of magnetic filters and you won't go wrong. The kamco filter tubes are clear with is handy for you and the the punter can see.

I'm purchasing a new one soon like you and it will be the Kamco I go for CF90 with the magnets.

Just see what kinda deal you can get. The Adey magnets are good too.

The kamco is up to 50deg I think, both do a corse with the package. The 90 is the big one right? It's not that I wanna do a rush job but speeding up the process always helps

The kamco acid cleaner will wreck alloy heat exchanger apparently where the fernox don't so they say

Also do u put the lock shields back to where there were or re balance, a balance is extra right

trying out a sentinel jetflo tomorrow, only heats to 40, mind you the boilers isnt there anymore so its a cold one. ÂŁ30 hire fm my local merchant, only problem, first time out the box so muggins had to put it all together as he hadnt and I couldnt wait around today.

if you can use a hot flush it works better, if no boiler an immersion can be used on some makes, Norstom for one but bleedin expensive

The kamco is up to 50deg I think, both do a corse with the package. The 90 is the big one right? It's not that I wanna do a rush job but speeding up the process always helps

It says in the MI's upto 75degrees mate, only because I've looked online.

I wonder how well these immersion heaters work.
I mean the most they can put out is 3kw max. I just can't envisage them heating a system up to any meaninful temps for flushing.....am i wrong ???

Just use the boiler??? At a guess I am new to flushing and the heaters do look a bit of a gimmick but if u keep the boiler connected and just remove the pump use that????

Are the kamco unit with the dual magnets can u use one for a heater and 1 for magnet or is that just ott

You can get a free booklet off of Kamco which lists most make/models of boilers and the metals they contain. I do however also contact the manufacturer of the boiler to double check.

thats a good shout, I stopped off at the merchants I use yesterday and quizzed them in there he recommended the Anton flow clean, bit cheaper also.
was asking about chemicals and I asked about fx2 and how strong it is and ally in boilers and he seemed to think it's all right!!!!! "Won't have a problem at all"

but it then I was talking to a good mate who is gas safe and he NEVER flushes a boiler he always by passes it so he can't be blamed for anything going wrong with it over the next couple months

Kamco have a disclaimer on their site that you can print off. I have a load printed off to get signed before work commences.

Also do u put the lock shields back to where there were or re balance, a balance is extra right

leave them as you found them, but check they are all working on completion, if you charge the right amount at the start a balance on the system is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox vs kamco power flush units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock