Search the forum,

Discuss fault codes for ideal icos boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielp

hello does anyone know any faults or the codes for this boiler hae looked on the internet but cant find them and its to late to ring ideal ! the codes were lf then changed to h flash then e and alternated between the two thanks

Fault code icos anywhere on the boiler means throw it away and get a real boiler
HOW IN THIS DAY CAN ANYONE PRODUCE A BOILER THAT TOTALS THE BOARD WHEN A FAN FAILS SUFELY A FUSE SOMEWHERE WOULD HAVE SORTED THIS

Last edited:
hello does anyone know any faults or the codes for this boiler hae looked on the internet but cant find them and its to late to ring ideal ! the codes were lf then changed to h flash then e and alternated between the two thanks

Turn the fuse spur off for 10 seconds then turn back on and it will hopefully be ok, this is a common clich on icos. If it goes back to "h e " im afraid you will have to replace the pcb ( expensive )

ouch yes it tripped out all the electrics when i turned up it ignited and was thudding on the casing like the poc wernt getting away then displayed h e but didnt have tools as was at a friends late sunday also could smell neat gas coming from it so just isolated it now !

ok yer thanks will try that i was going to go round tonight but went home and my own boiler had failed ! just getting into more breakdowns now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fault codes for ideal icos boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock