Currently reading:
Fanned gas fire goes out after 10 minutes

Discuss Fanned gas fire goes out after 10 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I realise there's another recent post on here about a gas fire going out after a while, but I had the same problem when servicing a fanned flue fire the other day. I was told about the problem before I touched the fire. The fire lights and stays on for about 10 minutes then reduces to low flame and instantly goes out and won't relight for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes it light without having to reset anything. I thought it may be the oxypilot at first but all looked well. It had a nice strong flame which played on the thermocouple. I took out the burner and cleaned it. I blew through the ASD sensing hole with an air duster. I checked the flue for blockages but it was clear. I put the burner back and checked for spillage and it pulled perfectly. I understand there is an APS and a overheat stat in the flue near the terminal but customer didn't want it investigating My guess is the overheat stat. Does anyone know, is this a known problem? Second guess is the ASD but I'm guessing.

I think they're all different, I had one where the venturries needed cleaning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fanned gas fire goes out after 10 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back