Search the forum,

Discuss AGA Going out after 12 to 36 hours in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion
Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA
went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern
Help, losing what liteel hair I have left

Do you have the Aga properly serviced? Maybe stating the obvious points but my first thought would be the steel pipe feeding the Aga burner gradually narrows with carbon & has to be carefully cleaned, literally drilled out each yearly service. The wicks not as important, but need to be replaced on servicing.
If it ain’t burning properly, perhaps weakly, due to partially blocked flow rate, then windy weather could put the flame out.

Reply to AGA Going out after 12 to 36 hours in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock