Discuss Fanned gas fire goes out after 10 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I realise there's another recent post on here about a gas fire going out after a while, but I had the same problem when servicing a fanned flue fire the other day. I was told about the problem before I touched the fire. The fire lights and stays on for about 10 minutes then reduces to low flame and instantly goes out and won't relight for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes it light without having to reset anything. I thought it may be the oxypilot at first but all looked well. It had a nice strong flame which played on the thermocouple. I took out the burner and cleaned it. I blew through the ASD sensing hole with an air duster. I checked the flue for blockages but it was clear. I put the burner back and checked for spillage and it pulled perfectly. I understand there is an APS and a overheat stat in the flue near the terminal but customer didn't want it investigating My guess is the overheat stat. Does anyone know, is this a known problem? Second guess is the ASD but I'm guessing.

I think they're all different, I had one where the venturries needed cleaning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fanned gas fire goes out after 10 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock