Discuss Error 77 ariston micro genus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

My tenant has just called saying she is getting error 77 on her boiler and the pressure is dropping a lot, so she keeps topping it up.

any ideas what the problem may be? It could be something to do with the condensate traps.

Just spoke to riston technical and he says it may be the recuperator H/E whaich has gone.

To test this we need to cap off the over flow and over pressure the system.

The condensate should leak i think he said.

Any way i will get this all tested on sunday with plumber, just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of these crap boilers.

this has been in now 4 yrs and has had a fault in the first yr, followed by faults last autumn. now this. The worst boiler i have ever had in my life.

Plumber had a look today and it is the expansion vessel that has gone. He will put an external one on.

Why do these go ? is it down to lack of inhibitor ?

Plumber had a look today and it is the expansion vessel that has gone. He will put an external one on.

sometimes its also down to tenants messing with filling loops

do you mean over pressuring the system ? This boiler is out of the way in the storage cupboard so i doubt she went in to mess around with it.

do you mean over pressuring the system ? This boiler is out of the way in the storage cupboard so i doubt she went in to mess around with it.

it could be most of the time though they just lose there charge so fail any way

In my opinion it is just poor quality boilers with poor quality parts. They are crap!
I replaced 3 ex. vessels on 3 of these Aristons in one week not too long ago. Come to think of it I cant think of another Brand of boiler I have replaced more ex vessels on.

I will never use ariston again, utter rubbish and had a callout in the first yr of install (under warranty, but still crap). Never had any problems with the mains/baxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Error 77 ariston micro genus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
E
The boiler runs may be 1 or 2 days before erroring. The problem started 3 months ago. The boiler would run blue light on at front an center of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock