Discuss Enclosed Toilet Seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emg1967

Hi all, great advice on this site, THANKS. Need help with this issue we are having. Bought house last year. Main toilet is a Karnees ? the toilet seat bolts are plastic and go down into the 2 holes in the ceramic WC but the tighteners/wingnuts ( not sure which) are inaccessable as the whole WC is inclosed in ceramic. This is the 1st toilet I've come accross like this. Normally the bolts go through to the underside and you can just tighten them with the wing nuts. From the underside there is no access to the bolts. They are enclosed in the ceramic. Not sure how old the toilet is but it looks quite new. www.karnees.com/ doesn't exist any more. My problem is that I stood on the toilet seat to change a lightbulb DOH! and broke the seat and we need to replace it. Am i left with no choice but to change the whole toilet. Seems a bit drastic. Tried local plumbing merchants but they are clueless.
HELP PLEASE !!

u are one lucky man !!!!!!!!!!!
lucky in the sence thet u only broke the toilet seat !
if u learn anything today ,make it this"never stand on a toilet"
this action could cost u your life or if your lucky only 100
external and 200 internal stitches.know of a painter locally who fell on to a toilet.not sure how but broke it in the fall and spent 4 weeks in hospital with serious lascerations.still not 100% til this day. on nuts magazine where every week they show a grewsome picture,there was a picture of a plumbers leg ,the story said that he had stood on a toiilet and it gaveway.it did not look like a leg,believe me!!
back to the question at hand...
don t know the toilet u are speaking of but have worked on many closed in ones.
try the shops/websites around,take a measurement of the holes [center to center] and ask around.
the toilet may need to come out to replace the seat! hope tis helps.

P.S....
don't forget the new thing u learned today!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a one piece toilet, karness is the Chaozhou jassa ceramics company based in china. Any of these look familiar?

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jassachina.com%2Fen%2Fsetup.asp%3Fact%3Dproduct%26newpro%3D%26f_id%3D2"]Chaozhou Jassa ceramics co., ltd.[/DLMURL]

Check near the hinges on the toilet seat, you may be able to pop a cover or cap off them to reveal the anchors that are screwd down into the china that secure the seat but that I cant promise, id suggest contacting Jassa using the website ive provided above if any of those toillets are a match for yours but im guessing that will be a nightmare the companys based in china and none of their website has any installation instructions about their products.

Last edited by a moderator:
these styles of seats usually fix to the wc pan by means of expanding rubber bushes, as the screw of the seat hingeis tightened the bush grips the pan,its possible the bush has dropped into the void behind the toilet
happy days

Hi! did you have any luck changing the seat? I have the same problem, and don't want to change the whole toilet if it's not necessary. Would be grateful if you can let me know what you managed to do.
Thanks

as leakylea said rubber grommet ,these are quite common ask your local plumbers merchant for a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Enclosed Toilet Seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
hi i have a broken toilet seat and need to either repair or replace....only thing is there are no screws on this toilet and never have...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, first post but have read forums for a while. I bought a bathstore toilet,close coupled and with soft close lid.the seat keeps becoming...
Replies
Views
mrlennie
M
T
I need help! :confused: I have bought a new toilet seat to replace a 31 yr old one! The toilet bolt holes are 7.5 inch apart (centre to centre)...
Replies
Views
S
Hi we have a toilet unlike any I have seen before. The seat has become loose, with normal toilets I know you just tighten it with the bolts...
Replies
Views
L
Hi there. Could you guys give me the sequence of works on a like for like bathroom replacement with bath ped basin and toilet. When does the tiler...
Replies
Views
ddplumbing
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock