Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss broken toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

col3003

hi i have a broken toilet seat and need to either repair or replace....only thing is there are no screws on this toilet and never have been...there are just 2 circle shapes which i think the toilet must somehow stick onto...how do i fix this? will i need some kind of sealer?? thanks

seems unusual any chance of a couple of pictures? also any makers name or symbols? regards turnpin

No i cant find the name of it..im thinking i might just have to superglue the circles!

Are you sure there aren't a pair of 'blind' holes on the pan that the seat fixes into? You come across this type of seat fixing occasionally. To fit a seat you have to get hold of a pair of 'blind hole' fixing screws, that expand as you tighten a screw and grip the insides of the blind holes in the pan.

(BES sells them - Cat No. 17054 - I always keep a pair in my van.)

Just seems so weird if there are no fixing holes at all!

Last edited:
oh yes i think this might be correct! Were did u say i can get hold of them?

oh just found the website...ideally i need them today though...do you know of anywere?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you phone in the order today, BES will deliver tomorrow, if that will do!

Otherwise try phoning round the plumbers' merchants - at least you now know what to ask for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to broken toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a...
Replies
Views
I need a new seat for a Bathstore Euro mono back to wall white pan e14. The seat was a euro mono sandwich seat white chr hinge Bought in 2007. I...
Replies
Views
hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Any advice would be very welcome. We need to replace our toilet seat. The toilet and seat have no makes on them. On measurements it’s 34 width and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock