Currently reading:
Electric pipe freezer kit

Discuss Electric pipe freezer kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi, I am trying to get my company to invest in an electric pipe freezer kit.
We always hire these when required but we seem to be doing this more, can anyone recommend a good model as the one we hire seems good a rothy up to 42mm £1000+
Cheers lads.

Don't get the electric rothy. The cheap one. It's poop

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.
In case your wondering, the central heating was off and cold, the was no inhibitor in system and the boiler was switched off.
Plenty of contact paste on pipes and freeze clamps, unit reading -29 degrees and left on each time for over 30mins.

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.

Me and my mate both bought one. Mine has been bang on, used it now probably 50 timesover 18 months. His failed from start and got returned.

I've had an arctic electric one for years. Must be over ten now and it's still going strong. Doesn't get used a great deal now but it's a godsend when you can't shut off a valve. When we first got it it was used regularly in the hotel we used to do the plumbing for as there were no iso valves on many of the bathrooms and we couldn't shut off the whole hotel to change one tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric pipe freezer kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back