Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Electric pipe freezer kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi, I am trying to get my company to invest in an electric pipe freezer kit.
We always hire these when required but we seem to be doing this more, can anyone recommend a good model as the one we hire seems good a rothy up to 42mm £1000+
Cheers lads.

Don't get the electric rothy. The cheap one. It's poop

I find the co2 rothy rofrost are all I need.
freeze up to 2 inch steel no problem.

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.
In case your wondering, the central heating was off and cold, the was no inhibitor in system and the boiler was switched off.
Plenty of contact paste on pipes and freeze clamps, unit reading -29 degrees and left on each time for over 30mins.

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.

Me and my mate both bought one. Mine has been bang on, used it now probably 50 timesover 18 months. His failed from start and got returned.

I've had an arctic electric one for years. Must be over ten now and it's still going strong. Doesn't get used a great deal now but it's a godsend when you can't shut off a valve. When we first got it it was used regularly in the hotel we used to do the plumbing for as there were no iso valves on many of the bathrooms and we couldn't shut off the whole hotel to change one tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric pipe freezer kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Freeze Master EZEFREEZE electric pipe freezer that's stopped freezing. Sounds normal when on, but does nowt. I understand that Freeze...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock