Search the forum,

Discuss ECV - Handle Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pioliair

Im trying to track down a handle for this 54mm ECV all usual outlet shave not got a clue, so here I am asking

We have no manufactures details only what you see

Any help appriciated

We dont wont to go down the line of replacing the valve (yes would be easier, but cost to client high, purging, testing venting etc )

Thanks

20130325_121211.jpg

Dont bes sell all of these handles on their own ? I know you said youve checked all the outlets

Went into BES today and all they offered was a new valve, however it was chessington Branch

out of interest what is and ecv doing hidden away in a duct

Client has built a duct in the riser but made it tooooooooooo big so they are making the duct smaller

Bes have stores do they? I thought they were only mail order

They have branchs dont they ? Or am i thinking bss ? And have you rang up your gas company and asking for one ? Because technically the person leaving there cant really turn it off unless they have a set of grips etc !

if its an ecv cant you get the gas supplier to correct it?? or is this just domestic properties this happens?

ive herrd croppies commercial?? he may have an answer?

"Can't box in around this 'andle fing!"

"<<insert profanity of choice>> it, remove it, no one'll know."

Wood butchers and builders.......

ventilation now all sorted as I have made them put in the ventilation at the top and bottom of riser direct to atmosphere.
Also told thenm to modify duct as once the handle is back in place it needs to be accessible.

yeah then you go back next year and erm im sure there was a ecv round here somewhere.....Bet the handy mans bying some plasterboard as we speak...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im trying to track down a handle for this 54mm ECV all usual outlet shave not got a clue, so here I am asking

We have no manufactures details only what you see

Any help appriciated

We dont wont to go down the line of replacing the valve (yes would be easier, but cost to client high, purging, testing venting etc )

Thanks

View attachment 11906

I would Buy a spanner attach a small chain to ring end of spanner attach other end of chain to boxing job done

I never saw all the other post lol that valve could do with turning though 90 then with the right handle it could be tuned off.

It's whether or not the valve is suitable for gas as that is a drop weight fire valve. And for some reason it's stuck in my head that the blue one's are for oil.....,..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ECV - Handle Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock