Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss duo tec 24 he fault code E1 68 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

royston

Anyone had previous with the fault code E1 68 , on a 3 yr old duo tec. Been back once it re set, then came on again 2 hrs later. Read that it could be a PCB problem , Baxi said check earth resistance which ive done. Wondered if you guys have come across this problem and your outcome ?

Cheers.

PCB. Newer ones are more reliable too. You will know if it's a newer version cause the display is loads brighter!

Anyone had previous with the fault code E1 68 , on a 3 yr old duo tec. Been back once it re set, then came on again 2 hrs later. Read that it could be a PCB problem , Baxi said check earth resistance which ive done. Wondered if you guys have come across this problem and your outcome ?

Cheers.

Before replacing the PCB it may be worth considering the following. As well as the PCB it could be the Gas valve, the igniter or the pump!
1. Remove gas valve plug and check between pins 1 and E is open circuit, if not its the gas valve
2. Remove igniter black mains plug and check between pin L and the boiler chassis is open circuit and also between pin N and the chassis is open circuit. If not, replace the igniter.
3. Remove pump wiring cover and then remove the wires from the terminals. Check between L & E is open circuit and also N & E is open circuit. If not replace the pump
4. If all this checks out ok then replace the PCB

Hope it helps

Ok, well ive fitted a fair few promax's and I have had a few e168 error codes on new installs. I have been told that these generally relate to earch resistance or PCB issues as suggested in the posts above mine. To be fair and call it luck but I have just turned the CH to full via the boiler controls and reset upto 5-8 times and hey presto no problems at all. and once its been running it has been fine. I have also had to release air via the thumb screw vent on the top of the boiler by the flue but I know not all of them come with this option.

I know my hit it with a hammer theory doesn't help you with the technical aspect but it works for me.

E168 will only get worse. The only fix I have found is a new board. If the pump is no good it will bring up the pre circulation fault. The boiler will fire but get too hot too quickly. Gas valve with cause the boiler to not ignite, bringing fault code E133. Baxi themselves fit new boards.

r these the same beast as the promax?
baxi platinum,baxi duotec,potterton gold,heatmax,promax combis are all the same internally later mk1 versions have a bypass built in to the plate heat so diverters are different from earlier boilers if baxi stop making these boilers in favour if there newer GA boilers i may walk from baxi

baxi platinum,baxi duotec,potterton gold,heatmax,promax combis are all the same internally later mk1 versions have a bypass built in to the plate heat so diverters are different from earlier boilers if baxi stop making these boilers in favour if there newer GA boilers i may walk from baxi

Spoke to the guy from Baxi the other day in Parts Center, told him my thoughts on the new Duo Tec! He said they'd been having a few 'issues' and that the 5 year warranty was there to help sort any problems.

Since i reset the fault on Wednesday and advised customer that it looks like the boards the problem, the code hasn't come back on ! So as you can guess she doesn't want the board doing now !!! Hope it packs in bank holiday when i carnt get the part till tuesday !

Been told by a college that this could also be a bad earth from the flame rectification probe and lead. The fault will differ in that e168 will come on after the boiler has lit and then extinguished.

Been told by a college that this could also be a bad earth from the flame rectification probe and lead. The fault will differ in that e168 will come on after the boiler has lit and then extinguished.
if it was the case it would flag up flame failure,but worth checking the earths anyway

Change the board and be done with it. It WILL come back on, believe me. If Baxi themselves change the boards, isnt that something you should take into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to duo tec 24 he fault code E1 68 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got Baxi duo-tec 2 Combi 28 GA coming up with e385 fault. Couldn’t find this fault code on the list,had no phone signal to ring Baxi so going to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all. Been out out to a Duo-Tec I installed 7 years ago. Fault code E133 was displayed when I arrived so reset and tried hot water. The...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
P
Hi I have a strange fault with my boiler and I can't figure out what is going on... I have a Potterton Suprima 80 HE approx 6 years old and I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
J
Hi there, went to look at the above last night. Heating fine. Hot water, led flashes on Hall effect sensor. Boiler display never shows demand for...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new combi boiler installed and was wondering if the baxi duo tec 28 HE combi boiler with 7 year parts and labour...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock