Discuss Duel entry radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate. Its not a common rad nowadays and has been slowly faded out. I don't know of a company selling them but you may possibly find one who will special order them. Because there not common its not viable for anyone to stock. Is there no chance you can up grade to standard rads n valves or is it not feesible. It would benefit in long run with rad efficiency and control.

No modern ones would have to be special made to work the dual entry as there's a long stem goes into the rad seperating the two enabling circulation.

As long as the tube will go into the end of the rad I see no reason why it won't work, get the radiator if it wont go in you are going to have to re-pipe

Fit a modern rad, fit 2 normal valves either end and fit a bypass on it.

Stelrad used to do them so it might be worth a phonecall to there customer services to enquire, but like i said if it is possible to fit standard rads with valves then thats what id do every time,

Pardon my ignorance, but what's is a dual entry rad, and what's its purpose?

its twin entry valves, made life easier for piping up as both pipes come to the same end of the rad. the flow has a pipe inside the radiator which goes approx half way along and creates the flow around the radiator and returns to the valve and through the outer section of the valve. cant fit them to most new rads as the bit you put the valve tails in is usually offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Duel entry radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Im looking for a 4 way 21.5mm PVC joint, and cant find one anywhere on the web. Here is a pic of what I want...
Replies
Views
R
Anyone know anywhere in the UK that still sells these? I cant seem to find them for sale anymore. I have the XXL F version but want to get the...
Replies
Views
O
anybody has some experience with this sort of valve is that useful ...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
E
Hi all, I went to look at a job today in which the header tank is full of hot water and overflowing. There is back boiler and the pipework runs...
Replies
Views
D
I'm hoping that a some of you may have a few ideas to help me. There is a blockage in a micro bore heating system, hot water leaves the boiler...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock