Discuss Drayton MA1 3 port Motorised valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donkeeboy

Hi, I beleive I have a faulty Drayton MA1 3 port motorised valve.

I intend to replace just the actuator, but would appreciate if someone could shed any light on the following.

If I take the actuator off, and move the spindle with my fingers, it only moves 45 degrees from one side to the other. Is this normal? Because I have read elsewhere that most motorised valves turn 90 degrees, with the mid position at 45 degrees.

If this is correct then I will just replace the actuator, but I would prefer of course not to replace the actuator only to find there is a problem with the valve itself.

Also, whin turning the spindle, is it normal for it to clunk heavily from side to side - as if it has a magnet pulling it? Because mine does. And it does it without the pump being on too soo its not the water forcing it one way or the other. I am sure previously I have moved the spindle with my fingers and it just moved freely and easily to wherever you wanted it.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

I've had one make that noise before and ended up draining down and fitting new body. I think when it makes that it means the body is knackered. someone may correct me though

You,ll probably find the complete valve only costs a couple of quid more than just the head. I would fit the complete valve.

Thanks gents, yes your right about the cost, I thought it was a lot more with the valve but its not.

Villa tom, what do you mean when you say body? Acutuator or valve?

Acl's are decent enough valves but with all the trouble you have had, swap the full valve.

Yes boys, Im going to drain down, replace the valve and actuator on tuesday. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton MA1 3 port Motorised valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock