Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone know how to fix this ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to a job the other day, customer said that they weren't getting any cold water to the shower.

I took the bottom knob that adjusts the temprature of the water off and span the spindle using a pair of grips, cold setting clockwise. I found that the spindle would just keep spinning round and the temprature woul not change so I assume the spindle is no longer connected to whatever it shoul be inside?

Does anyone know if there is there a fix, or does the unit need replacing.

Thanks 027.jpg028.jpg

a new cartridge should do the job, do you know the manufacturer and model ?

did it get any hotter when you turned it manually with grips?

i had a similar issue with a tap that wouldn't turn off. stuck a bit of ptfe round the splines and jammed the head back on. hey presto it gripped and works to this day!

did it get any hotter when you turned it manually with grips?

i had a similar issue with a tap that wouldn't turn off. stuck a bit of ptfe round the splines and jammed the head back on. hey presto it gripped and works to this day!
no its efinitly not that, made no difference when turning with grips.

a new cartridge should do the job, do you know the manufacturer and model ?

Ok thanks, there was no information on the shower an the customer didn't know either. The bath that was fitted a villaroy and boch and it looks like an upmarket bathroom so the same manufacturer may have made the shower as well.

if you can't turn it manually then its a new cartridge. if you can't identify it try sending the pics to ??? i think its shower doctor.

Remove the cartridge and take some pics,then send them to a couple of manufacturers with a note saying "Is this one of yours?"A lot will reply that they're not ours,but it belongs to so and so,and we do a direct replacement.Sometimes works.

Is it pumped? I had a similar issue with a shower once and it turned out to be an air lock on the hot impeller.

yes its a hard water area, not pumped, just tank fed. I dont think its an airlock, all other taps are fine, and water is constant out the shower. think it needs a new cartridge which will hopefully spin out and the new one will go in its place, by cartridge I took it as meaning you will get the whole brass bit that is shown in picture 2?

I am pretty sure the makers are villaroy and boch, I looked on there website and they sell lots of similar looking showers but none the same as this one. I sent them an email but have had no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone know how to fix this ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in the frame - but the holes in the frame are horizontal slots, presumably so that I can adjust the shower screen for a not-quite-vertical wall. However...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a rank amateur DIY'er with plumbing, with practically 0 skills & I know next to nothing about it, but a few weeks ago our concealed shower's thermo cartridge finally seized completely solid. With little time or skill to try to fix the issue, I then made a rooky mistake and accidentally...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Aqualisa Midas thermostatic shower that has a very stiff temperature control. I have taken off the control knob and unscrewed the small cartridge screw with a hex key, but the cartridge is stuck fast inside the valve. I think it's a build up of limescale over several years and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock