Discuss Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freshfields business park in Brighton has to have the record.

Apart from us, there is Plumbcentre, PTS, Grahams, Plumbbase, Screwfix and Jewson all on one tiny estate. Also a CEF and a Brewers.

Great Friday call for the manufacturers reps, park the car, tick off 8 calls by mid-morning, and down the pub for lunch.

Sounds good to me, let me know if you need a sweeper upper.

Tp are robbing swines imo.
I have two very good local independents near me and a plumbfix toolstation pts parts centre/plumb center and a bunch of plumbase so spoiled for choice. :)

what ever merchant you use you need to get in there and set up your terms with them so you get decent prices all the time and not what ever the cashier decides. no one else to blame but yourself if you pay a fortune as the merchant like you is there to make a profit and if you havent agreed terms and prices with them who is at fault.

what ever merchant you use you need to get in there and set up your terms with them so you get decent prices all the time and not what ever the cashier decides. no one else to blame but yourself if you pay a fortune as the merchant like you is there to make a profit and if you havent agreed terms and prices with them who is at fault.

I have an account, I order plenty of underground fittings and pipes, and always get a very good price, as for the plumbing fittings, they are extremely expensive, nearly twice the price of elsewhere

having an account and having agreed terms are 2 different things, I use several merchants and have agreed terms with them all so I know what discounts on base price I get with all of them and tp are one of the merchants just talk to the account manager in your local branch

Last edited by a moderator:
The advantage of Plumbfix is that I can browse online, compare lots of products and prices and select what I want. I can then place the order and have it delivered next day or collect it all in 15 minutes from my local branch.You can't do that in a local PTS. Plus everytime I go into PTS, it takes ages to get served. Time is money!

Whether you like Screwfix or hate them, they have a good business model to follow.

Agree with everyone, TP rip off!!! Mainly use local plumbers merchants. Because there is two plumbers merchants down the same industrial area the prices are very competitive. Do like plumbfix because they hold good levels of stock, a wide range of stock and ther's a couple of nice strumpets at ours. Only bad point is you have to get part number for every item you want.

Only bad point is you have to get part number for every item you want.
Order online before you go mate and it will be picked and ready for collection by the time you get there. No need to fluff around with order numbers. That's why I like Plumbfix, plus I have a TradeUK account card with them and B&Q.

Order online before you go mate and it will be picked and ready for collection by the time you get there. No need to fluff around with order numbers. That's why I like Plumbfix, plus I have a TradeUK account card with them and B&Q.

Tradeuk account card? Tell me more please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock