Search the forum,

Discuss Do my CH pipes look right? Getting frustrated now! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I've had F23 error on my Vaillant ecofit pure because of CH system. My rads are not heating up properly. I've replaced the 3 way mid position valve, and taken the head off the Grundfos UPS2 and cleaned out the impeller. I've run Sentinel x400 for 4 weeks now, prior to this I drained the system down a few times until there was no visible magnetite. I've cleaned out the F&E tank. I've emptied the Fernox TF1 filter twice weekly since I added the X400. The previous owner had the boiler replaced and had a powerflush to the tune of 1500 from BG. There's no air stuck as far am I'm aware.

I decided to run a fridge magnet along the pipework in the airing cupboard and its sticking to the section marked in red, is this normal place for restrictions to occur?
The boiler is downstairs in the kitchen. This layout looks weird to me, and the filter looks like its in the wrong place? I'm losing my marbles. Can anyone describe the flow of water from the boiler for me?

Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• CH system.jpg
    CH system.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 36
I presume that the 22 and 15 mm of the top are expansion and cold feed if so then this could be where the magnetite collects so worth Maybe cutting out and checking

You've gone to alot of effort to diagnose the problem I suggest you drain the system and remove that section of pipework if it's blocked then maybe you can remove it , or replace it . Kop
Cut and cleared out the blockage and replaced with compression fittings. Heating up rapidly now, hasn't been this hot and fast in ages! However I've got massive pump over into the f+e tank which is annoying

Pump speed was 2, but I've got it on 1 and it still does it, boiler stat 75degrees and the flow reaches it quick and holds it. All the radiators are toasty and evenly hot. Really chuffed with the outcome apart from the pumping over!!

Have you read the whole thread with the same title in Diynot ? (I am Johntheo5)

IF the pump over is via the vent and back through the cold water feed&expansion pipe then I would suggest (very) temporarily sticking a bung in the vent and see if the feed&expansion pipe cools down, if so, either convert it like my system (Diynot) or else (only IF the cold water feed is 15mm) remove the 15mm cold feed & blank it and connect the 22mm? in its place from the F&E tank, do not fit an isolation valve to this pipe, when refilling the system, do so very slowly as you are now using the 22mm pipe to vent air while refilling or better again install a isolation valve on the mains makeup to the F&E tank and just crack it open while refilling.

It can, but if the "OV" system is still the preferred way then converting the above re post #9 will more than likely work and will almost certainly work if converted to "my" system below. Someone on here I think did this when the properly installed VCP system still suffered air ingress and had no more problems.

Attachments

• VCP Proper.jpg
    VCP Proper.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Do my CH pipes look right? Getting frustrated now! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock