Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Garden Hose - Which approach is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pardus

Hi,

I want to install a garden hose from my kitchen to my backyard, preferably without having to hire a plumber. Thus I would rather not have to mess around below the sink.

I have a long necked spray-tap head, which is removable. Here are some pictures:

The spray-head: View attachment 23598
The base of the tap with the head removed: View attachment 23599
The base of the head:View attachment 23600
The base of the head: View attachment 23601

So I would like to know, would it be better to purchase something like this:

View attachment 23603

Or to get a fitting installed on the tap base?

I want the water to flow with full pressure without leaks, and I read some reviews for tap head universal connectors on Amazon, suggesting leak and pressure problems.

Is it possible - and better - to get a connector fitted to the tap base. If so what connector would I need?

Thanks for all advice. I have no plumbing experience so any help would be appreciated. :D

If you're adamant about doing this yourself and aren't going to cut into any pipes, maybe the best solution is a 'Y adapter' from your washing machine tap and go from there.
Bear in mind though that you will need some form of isolation to turn the supply to the hose off.

you won't find anything to replace the tap spout so without changing pipework under the sink, your best option is the attachment you have found for the top of the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Garden Hose - Which approach is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock